Dallas Area Rapid Transit (DART) has extended the Discount GoPass Tap Card pilot program through December 31, 2024. This program provides riders using any one of nine support assistance programs with a 50% discount on the regular price of a DART local pass.
DART launched the pilot-program to ensure qualified riders have access to jobs, health care and educational opportunities, reducing social and economic inequalities by making mobility financially feasible to more people.
All new and current DART riders who participate in any of the following programs are eligible for DART services at half the fare:
- CHIP (Children’s Health Insurance Program)
- TANF (Texas Temporary Assistance for Needy Families)
- CEAP (Comprehensive Energy Assistance Program)
- SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program)
- Housing Choice Vouchers
- DHA Housing Solutions for North Texas program
- Texas WIC (Texas Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children)
Participants who are renewing their discount must visit the DARTmart store with documentation verifying participation in a qualifying program. Registration for new users is available at DART.org/TapForHalf, or at the DARTmart store at DART Headquarters (1401 Pacific Avenue, Dallas).
Discount Tap Cards can be used on any DART bus, GoLink or light rail, including the Trinity Railway Express (TRE) between EBJ Union Station and CentrePort/DFW Station.
More information is available at DART.org/TapForHalf or by calling DART Customer Service at 214-979-1111, Option 1.